Want a unique chance to meet people who are at the forefront of journalism; people who spark innovation in the news industry around the world? If you’re a seasoned Executive Assistant who enjoys providing essential support in a fast-growing nonprofit, loves to organize materials and prides yourself on getting things right, then we want to hear from you!
The Trust Project is a high-impact nonprofit that collaborates with newsrooms around the globe to combat misinformation and through them, provide the public with trustworthy and transparent journalism. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive and fair workplace daily as we work to create the world that could be.
Trust Project Network Manager
The Trust Project seeks a dynamic Trust Project Network Manager to guide the success of news sites implementing the 8 Trust Indicators™. This full-time, remote core team member will work closely with the CEO, building news partner engagement over time, reporting key insights and collaborating on further growth of the Trust Network.
The Trust Project is a nonprofit working with a global network of news organizations to build a more trusted and trustworthy press. They recognize that a free and responsible press plays a vital role in civic life, upholding public interest, exposing injustice, and enabling dialogue across peoples, perspectives and platforms – supporting civic engagement around the world. The Trust Indicators™ are a globally recognized standard that helps both people and technical systems easily assess the authority and integrity of news, fighting vulnerability to mis- and disinformation.
The incoming Network Manager will collaboratively lead the Trust Network team to help guide new partners to success in both editorial and technical implementations of the 8 Trust Indicators™. This remote position will work with partners internationally and nationally. They will manage the application process; lead training and build engagement; motivate both technical and editorial compliance by news partners; manage network gatherings; and help execute important strategic collaborations. This remote position involves work with clients and team members in multiple time zones.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure The Trust Project programs are operating strategically and effectively in pursuit of its mission and vision.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and systems necessary to maintain high-quality programs and to streamline documentation and translation.
- Work with CEO to support a collaborative workplace culture representative of the organization’s values for integrity, self-awareness, humility, authenticity and attention to detail.
- Lead a small global team of staff and consultants with initial reviews, coaching, training, support and tracking of news partners.
- Support technical as well as editorial aspects of compliance and implementation.
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen community cohesion and news partner involvement (a network of 250+ organizations globally).
- Conduct trainings, organize events, and lead working groups.
- Serve as a thought-partner to CEO on identifying and addressing common trends and challenges within the Trust Network.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation to support Trust Indicator implementation.
- Work closely with the CEO to gather and prepare documentation and content demonstrating the Trust Network’s status and accomplishments for funders and other external parties.
- 4-5+ years building community or business networks, managing volunteers, developing membership, or leading public engagement, whether in a newsroom or externally, such as in professional or community organizations
- 2+ years teaching or training, whether within a professional organization, business, community organization or agency, newsroom or academic institution
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience rallying teams (internal and external) around shared goals and values
- Practical experience executing DEI principles and integrating them in operations and outcomes
- Success in leading with empathy, inclusion and fairness while also maintaining strict standards
- Knowledge of current news processes and practices, including familiarity with journalism standards and ethics
- Some technical knowledge and aptitude for learning technology
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation package includes generous benefits consisting of health, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid sick leave, vacation (2 weeks in initial year), 12 holidays and monthly “rejuvenation” days.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Trust Project is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Trust Project are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal and CA state laws.
Editorial Assistant to the CEO
Want a unique chance to focus on important issues of our time and spark innovation in the news industry around the world? If you’re an excellent copyeditor, proofreader, materials organizer and administrative whiz, we want to speak with you!
The Trust Project is a high-impact nonprofit that collaborates with newsrooms around the globe to combat misinformation and through them, provide the public with trustworthy and transparent journalism. We seek a bilingual (Spanish or Italian) individual who loves administrative work and focusing on the details, whether in written documents or a well-planned event. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and fair workplace.
This Editorial Assistant to the CEO position is remote, available for PT/MT and CT time zones only. It is a full-time permanent role.
SALARY: Starting package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience, generous time off with pay, and standard health and retirement benefits.
POSITION TITLE: Editorial Assistant to CEO
As an Editorial Assistant to the CEO seasoned in both administrative and editorial work, you will provide a variety of high-level support to the Chief Executive Officer. Possessing strong professionalism and attention to detail, you will support the CEO and the organization as a whole in maintaining an efficient, enjoyable and collaborative environment, even as we adhere to high standards. You will communicate with our collaborators in a fast-paced, global, culturally diverse environment. You will help develop our systems in a startup setting and manage competing priorities, often under tight deadlines. You enjoy challenges, variety, and values-driven work.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 3-5 years of experience in a senior administrative position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish or English/Italian for business settings OR experience working with news media owned by Native Americans, African Americans, Asian American or Latino/as
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate the needs of the organization and its CEO, think strategically, and make good judgment calls
- A track record of success working well independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to organize, research, present, and articulate ideas and information effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing
- As a plus, but not required, experience in nonprofit management or in journalism support roles
- Skilled at implementing diversity, equity and inclusion values in everyday work processes.
- Flexible; willing to adjust work days and hours on occasion to accommodate programming needs or urgent deadlines.
- Comfortable and skilled at remote work.
- Able to travel domestically/internationally up to five times per year.
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite programs and video conferencing software.
- Experience in WordPress, Trello, Slack and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Willing to undergo a background check
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Directly support and contribute to the work of the CEO, an award-winning journalist
- Manage many internal and external communications on behalf of the CEO (with news partners, vendors, board members, consultants, etc.)
- Support the entire Trust Project team by copyediting and proofreading our documentation and tracking materials.
- Ensure CEO is fully briefed and prepared for meetings and consistently provide updates on schedule and other changes, internally and externally
- Manage various projects’ timelines and tasks.
- Create systems to track program activities and outcomes.
- Support business correspondence, documents, proposals and reports.
- Take leadership on special projects and tasks at the request of the CEO.
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit a resume to [email protected] with Editorial Assistant and your full name in the subject line (e.g. Editorial Assistant: Lashawn Espinosa). If you feel this is a better fit for a friend, please be sure to let them know!
The Trust Project is an equal opportunity employer that gives priority to cultivating an inclusive, welcoming and safe work environment free of discrimination, harassment or other harmful conduct based on race, religion, color, sex/gender/gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics of individual identity.
Join our Cause
If you are not a member of the media and appreciate the work we are doing at The Trust Project, follow us on social and share #TheTrustProject with your peers.